Tuesday, April 2, 2013

MIA - Easter Weekend

Sorry guys, I've been a little MIA lately... I have been swamped with school and just had to add another shift in at work to cover the cost of my school this summer. Yeah, summer school! Yikes!

I have been thinking of lots of fun new posts to share...so please, come back soon! I have a few series on the way, along with some new recipes and ideas.

I also have a fun little announcement to share...

We got a baby!
...a furbaby that is.
Meet Esther :)
Trase surprised me with her as an early Easter present last Thursday night. She is the sweetest little thing! She is 4 1/2 months old and loves to cuddle. She follows me around the house and will only sleep through the night if she is on the bed with me (spoiled!). She also has a cute little bobtail...
This is the only picture I've been able to get of it so far...she's speedy. She kind of looks like a little bobcat, eh? She makes this little noise like one too.
She curls right up in a little ball.
Can't they stay tiny forever???

We spent the Saturday before Easter with my husband's extended family. We had an Easter egg hunt and ate lots of yummy food! It's so great to have family who lives so close (only an hours drive).

After, we decided to go fishing for a little while before heading home. We dropped by Hyrum Dam in Hyrum, Utah.
It was such a beautiful day! The weather was great. The skies were clear. We didn't get even a bite, but it was nice to get a few minutes alone.

Obviously, we have taken up fishing quite a lot! My husband has been into it lately. My dad and brother have always been very into fishing and anything outdoorsy. We went fishing a few times last year.

Since my husband has been interested in fishing, I got him a new tackle box and gear for Easter. His last one he had since he was a kid.

Yesterday evening, my dad and brother went fishing and Willard Bay. We joined them in the evening. Another gorgeous day! We have had great weather here in Utah for the past week or so. Yesterday we had a brief rain shower, but it really made it feel like spring. The fishing was better yesterday. My brother got a huge (I don't know how huge) carp and a wiper. Soon, we're going to have a fish fry!
This is my husband, Trase. I haven't "introduced" him yet. He's a soldier in the Army National Guard and is also a local policeman. I'm very proud of him!
What did I tell ya? Beautiful! Utah gets trashed on far too much. It really is a beautiful state. After we were done fishing and were walking back to the car, the skies to the west were dark from the storm. Unfortunately my phone battery had died by then (did ya know I take all my pictures with my phone? No wonder...).

Later that night, we went and bought another little friend to add to our family...
Paublo the Puffer Fish!

That's all for the night :) I have work in the morning and afternoon and lots of homework to do in the evening...how does a person ever catch up!?


Baked Potato Soup
Microwave Brownie
Microwave Oatmeal
Baked Bacon
Microwave Potatoes
Rice Krispie Treat Nests
How to Color Coconut

No comments :

Post a Comment