Saturday, March 16, 2013

DIY Disposal Deodorizers

I don't know about your disposal, but mine gets pretty darn nasty smelling fast! I found this very clever trick somewhere on Pinterest. I never went to the link, but just decided to wing it.

This is also an awesome way to use up overripe lemons!


What you need:
1 lemon
cutting board
ice cube tray
knife
water
tinfoil (optional)

1. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the lemon into rounds.
Cut each round like a pizza, making tidbits. Do not remove the rind.
Place 3-4 tidbits into each ice cube space. Pour excess juice into cubes slots.
2. Fill tray with water.
3. Cover with tinfoil tightly. (optional)
4. Place in freezer until frozen.

To use:
1. Drop one ice cube into disposal. 
2. Turn on water.
3. Turn on disposal.
4. Turn off disposal once ice is ground.
5. Repeat as necessary. 
6. Enjoy the fresh scent of lemon!


This works amazingly well! I am thoroughly impressed, and I hope you will give these a try and have the same results. Only one lemon is necessary for one ice cube tray. I covered mine with tinfoil as I was afraid of spilling the water in my freezer. Without the tinfoil, I think my ice cubes would have turned out "prettier". I think these would also be awesome to put in lemon water or lemonade! 
Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment