Saturday, March 16, 2013

How to Save on Dryer Sheets

I have to use dryer sheets. There's just that little "oomph" that they add to my clothes. I can even do without scented kind, but I can't stand the static from not using a dryer sheet, plus it seems like they make my clothes softer (or maybe it's all in my head...).

I have heard about wadding up some tinfoil and throwing it in the dryer, but that made the static so much worse! So I dealt with just buying dryer sheets for a long time.

They really aren't that expensive at all, especially when you combine sale prices with coupons, but why not stretch your dollar a bit more?

I came across this idea somewhere and I can no longer find it. If this looks like something you posted on your blog, please let me know in a comment so I can properly cite you.



Your biggest savings: 
1. Buy dryer sheets that you like, that are on sale, and you have a coupon for. This box of 105 was less than $3 at Walmart and I didn't have a coupon for them, I just needed to try a new kind.

2. Open your box and grab a pair of sharp scissors. Cut each dryer sheet into thirds. You can cut at least 5 dryer sheets at a time with good scissors. (Don't worry if the cuts aren't very even or straight, just do your best so they fit back in the box)

3. Stack up your cut sheets back in the box, or place them in a Ziploc or other container that you choose. I figure why throw away a perfectly good box.

4. In each load, throw in one dryer sheet strip in the dryer with your washed laundry. For extra large loads or bedding, I like to use two.



CONGRATS! You just went from 120 dryer sheets to 360 in less than 5 minutes!
Talk about pinchin' pennies!


 I have been using these Bounce Free & Sensitive ones for a while now and I'm pretty happy with them. I've switched to all unscented and dye-free laundry products because I have very sensitive skin. Plus, these are cheap. Bonus!

If you are skeptical that using a third of a dryer sheet works for you, 
try cutting one or two dryer sheets for a test run.

Tip: Don't use dryer sheets with your towels! Not only does it make your towels less absorbent, it's a waste of dryer sheets.

*I am in no way affiliated with any products, stores, etc. mentioned in this post. Nor am I sponsored or reimbursed for my reviews or posts. Everything in this post is my personal opinion and experience.


What do you do to save money on laundry?

No comments :

Post a Comment